Oh, Quebec City was so beautiful! (For a city) It is OLD... this part of the downtown feels like your in France a few hundred years ago. The streets are cobblestone and steep and that big building there is a Castle! We rode our tandem bike around town that morning with a baguette strapped to the trailer saying 'bonjour', 'bonjour' to those we passed.
Beautiful old buildings everywhere...
Camped behind a cornfield... beautiful spot, but the little deamon blood-suckers are relentless here too... those flying blurrs aren't birds.
Its been a little hard to find camping spots around the cities (North of Montreal here). We biked 97 miles this day and ended up, after much searching, in quite a random spot in another big field of wild grass under two huge electricity towers. Pretty morning none-the-less.
This is our whole wardrobe hanging to dry. We were shown the proper procedure by Natalie, our host. She says we must hang them big to small :) It is quite common, we have found, in all parts of Canada for people to hang their clothes to dry. We see it often and I just really like it.
The Paquette family-- after church in Machouche they invited us to come to wash up and share a meal. After a swim in their pool :) we had this delicious meal and spent the rest of Sunday relaxing and getting to know this awesome family. It was a beautiful day. I love this part of the trip.
awesome photos! looks like you guys are having a great time! and by the looks of your spot you are flying! nice work! we miss you and check up on you every chance we get! thanks again for getting us out here, its the such an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteHey Keith, these are some great shots. We missed you at the reunion, but it looks like you both are having an amazing adventure. I'm glad your dad told me about the blog; I'm looking forward to following along. I'm doing a race up in the Canadian rockies in a few weeks. I wish I could have crossed paths with you.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Dax
Just read about you two in The Equity (local paper of Shawville, QC). I think it's amazing that you're on this adventure. :) If you pass through Thunder Bay, Ontario, there's an amazing view you must see!! Let me know!! :)
ReplyDelete