Sunday, July 10, 2011

Quebec!

Veiws that looked like bathroom wallpaper...

 I thought this was a neat peice of art (very artsy place, this) depicting the eskimo Inuit, the white french/englishman, and the native Innu heritage--all with a dependency on fish.

 They have the best Strawberries I have tasted in my life in Quebec!  Lots of fruit and vegetable stands along the road!
                                      
 So Quebec... full of 'fromagerie' (places to get wonderful cheese), 'creamerie' (places to get wonderful ice cream, 'chocolaterie' (yeah...), 'boulangerie' (places to get wonderul bread and baked delicacies), not to mention the fruit stands.... cheese, ice cream, chocolate, bread, and fruit... seriously, I love Quebec, and I want to eat there all my life.
Lots of old stone buildings covered with Ivy... This place is an old bakery.
Home Sweet Home... for the night.
                                     
Nice beaches... we were right along the water down the "south coast" of Quebec.  Note the beautiful church.  There is an old, elaborate, cathedral of a church in every tiny town, even if the towns are ten minutes apart.  Church attendance, not to mention the tithes, must have been something grand in the early French Catholic days of Quebec.
Another neat old peice of art.
We met this nice guy (he goes by "Thunder") and his wife and chatted--cool people! They have some great bumper stickers on their car, collect driftwood, and visit Cuba frequently.  They invited us to stay with them in Montreal, but we never got down that way.
Unique old lighthouse.
Yet another cool old church.
Enjoying a snack of Croissants and blueberry/apple butter next to somebody's mailboxes.
Yeeeee. Bike on a Triangle!  They like bikes here.
So... this is a peice of "Grey Owl" that Keith had to try.  I thought I loved cheese, but actually, there are quite a few cheeses that I don't love at all.  This one, to me, tasted and looked like very moldy cream cheese.  It wasn't strong enough for Keith.
Glorious green fields and colorful wildflowers everywhere!!

Looking across the channel at Quebec City where we will head tomorrow on a short ferry ride.  We camped out this night in a green belt of the park along the water.  Wonderful view, yet surrounded by Poison Oak (we managed to avoid it somehow).  This night there was a concert going on as part of an annual festival and we got to listen to the music from afar.  Elton John was so close, yet so far.

2 comments:

  1. I love how we are basically doing the same trip, as far as the route goes, but experience wise we are having completely different trips. We can follow so close and have such different things happen to each other. One of my favorite parts of this tour is how you when starting out the day you never know how it will end up, but its always memorable. Love to see that your having many awesome times and meeting golden people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food sounds like heaven. Can I live there too? Oh Quebec, where have you been all my life? Can you guess which pic is my favorite....haha, the one of you holding that nice delicious hunk of cheese. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete