Currently, we are in Wyoming about an hour outside Jackson Hole at a lodge called Togwotee, where Keith has spent four Christmas seasons (last year I was with him) working for Billy Snodgrass, an Iditerod racer who operates a dog sled tour kennel here. We're here only for a few weeks--the busy season. Keith has been doing two tours a day and having some interesting experiences, as always (yesterday he took a Saudi prince and his enterage out). He loves mushing, it is Beautiful up here (though so far, less snow than usual), and I get to just Relax! I have had the time and space to do those things I always want to do and seldom do: reading, writing in my journal, doing yoga, knitting, up-dating the blog : ) and going on some photo/snow-shoe expeditions (internet too slow to post more pictures now). It is really quite like a little "holiday" for us.
Here's Keith doing what he does... just coming in from the afternoon tour and feeding the dogs.
This is the mushers' cabin and the kennel. However, Keith and I actually stay in the lodge employee dorms--more comfortable for married couples!
No comments:
Post a Comment